How does Hope’s Relief Shampoo and Conditioner work?
Dry flaky scalp? To get results, you really need to use a formula that targets and nourishes itchy flaky scalps while still cleansing your hair. And our three-stages provide scalp nourishing ingredients, mild cleansers and anti-flaking actives. Scalp skin functions just like the rest of skin; so no matter what the cause it’s important to provide effective, complete care to the scalp.
When the scalp environment has an imbalance of sweat and oil secretions, flaking and itching occurs. Often there are also micro-organisms—bacteria or fungus—involved with these imbalances, causing even more rapid shedding of skin flakes.
Our scalp care assists your scalp barrier, alleviating the itch and flakes
- Soothe dryness and eliminate related itch at the source, your scalp.
- Targets your scalp’s barrier with soothing moisturising ingredients that deeply penetrate your dermal layers
- Strengthens your scalp’s natural resistance to help your scalp barrier.
The Hope’s Relief natural scalp care range embraces the power of nature’s botanicals for their nourishing benefits. Hope’s Relief Conditioner tackles itchy flaky scalps head-on with natural active ingredients:
- manuka honey NPA 10+—certified anti bacterial activity
- aloe vera—conditions and moisturises the dry scalp environment
- licorice root and gotu kola—soothes the inflammation and soothes the itch
- calendula—antiseptic as well as restoring health to the scalp by encouraging collagen growth in the dermal layer, resulting in newer development of stronger, tougher scalp cells which form a protective barrier.
What causes excessive flaking and itching?
- Itchy flaky scalps can be caused by a range of underlying conditions such as dry scalp or psoriasis, seborrhea dermatitis, excess oil production or malassezia (a fungal infection).
- An itching sensation on the scalp occurs because of excessive scalp flaking. A common misconception is that an itchy scalp is too dry; this is not always the case. Itching can occur when there is excessive oily build-up on the scalp. It also happens when your scalp is sensitive to shampoos or conditioners with harsh cleansers or synthetic fragrances.
Our biodegradable products are alkaline-free and pH-balanced with recyclable packaging.
How to use
Our scalp care range is gentle enough to use every day.
- Massage conditioner gently into your scalp and work it through the lengths of your clean wet hair.
- Leave on for three to four minutes.
- Rinse well.
- Allow hair to gently dry.